Thanks to our partner
Here are some measures in place to limit our environmental footprint:
- Rules without waste: no waste on the ground will be tolerated on the site under penalty of disqualification.
- No disposable cups at the AID stations : we invite participants to bring their own containers which they can fill throughout the event at various water stations available throughout the site.
- Elimination of single-use items : rather than giving participants a medal (which always ends up in a wardrobe or even in the trash), we will give a travel coffee mug bearing the image of the event. Participants will be encouraged to use this mug for their beverages consumption on site (water, beer, etc.).
- Meals will be served in compostable containers and recycled utensils.
- The trophies will be engraved locally.
- Local purchases : we favor local companies in different matters (food purchases, shuttles rental, portable toilets rentals, etc.).
- Carpooling : in order to limit greenhouse gases, we encourage participants to carpool. Looking for a ride or offering one to get to the venue? Post it here.
- Waste management : garbage, recycling and compost bins will be available throughout the site as well as at the refueling stations. Reminder posters will also be on site to help participants/spectators dispose responsibly.
- Elimination of food waste: we have acquired several leftovers from a past event. Rather than throwing everything away, we selected the items that were suitable for use. With the help of a chef, François Blais (Bistro B), we managed to concoct a menu allowing us to feed the participants while reducing the losses as much as possible.
- Respect of the eco-responsible actions of the Vallée du Bras-du-Nord: a model of sustainable tourism, the Vallée du Bras-du-Nord has set up solid bases for the exploitation of its territory in harmony with nature. Our actions will therefore always be done in agreement with the cooperative.
- Local employment : in order to offer a fun and safe event, we hire some valuable employees from the Vallée du Bras-du-Nord, a local company.